The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills to enable you to competently carry out bricklaying.
- Undertake safe working practices and understand the relevant health and safety legislation and key responsibilities for employers
- Interpret and understand information, confidently estimate the type and quantity of resources required using drawings and specifications, and effectively communicate with the construction team
- Understand the building methods and construction technology used, and how sustainability issues are addressed within the construction industry
- Set out masonry structures including interpreting information and undertaking the necessary preparation of setting out masonry structures to the given specification
- Construct solid walls, including those with isolated and attached piers and arches
- Construct walling to form masonry structures
- Apply masonry cladding to concrete, steel, and timber-framed buildings
- Use thin joint methods to construct walls
Bricklaying Level 2 can lead to a career as a Bricklayer within the construction industry and/or you can choose to progress to further studies.
company updates and tips