The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills to enable you to competently carry out painting and decorating.
- Undertake safe working practices and understand the relevant health and safety legislation and key responsibilities for employers under Health and Safety at Work Act
- Interpret and understand information, confidently estimate the type and quantity of resources required using drawings and specifications, and effectively communicate the construction team
- Understand the building methods of preparing timber, timber sheet, metal and plasterboard surfaces and trowel finishes ready to receive finishing systems, and repairing defective surfaces
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Classify wallpaper types, understand methods of production and printing, recognise international performance symbols, and apply papers to walls and ceilings
- Produce specialist finishes for decorative work
LPainting and Decorating Level 2 will enable you to progress into employment and/or further studies in the painting and decorating sector.
company updates and tips