The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills to enable you to competently repair and maintain light motor vehicles.
- Work safely within the automotive environment, identify hazards and risks in the automotive environment, and comply with relevant legislation and good practice
- Work effectively within the organisational structure of the automotive work environment by using effective communication and support
- Select and use the appropriate tools for a wide range of practical workshop activities
- Understand the main mechanical components of a four-stroke engine and their functions, and remove and replace light vehicle engine system components using appropriate tools and equipment
- Describe the construction and operation of light vehicle engine systems, and identify and replace system components and units using appropriate tools and equipment
- Understand the principles of electrical and electronic systems, and conduct safe and systematic approaches to inspect and test vehicle electrical systems
- Carry out a full service on a light vehicle using serviceable systems and components
- Liaise with customers and safely inspect vehicle systems using recommended methods and techniques
Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2 can lead to a career as a Light Vehicle Technician and/or you can choose to progress to further studies.
company updates and tips